Vision & Philosophy
Quality is meeting or exceeding the clinical expectations of our internal and external customers in addition to compliance with regulatory standards. This is accomplished through a set of activities designed to achieve measurable improvement in processes and outcomes of care. Interventions are targeted to provide safe, efficient, cost effective, patient centered and timely care.
Our Quality Vision
To provide evidence-based, patient-focused and fiscally responsive quality service across the hospital continuum. The quality focus will be embedded in daily practice, sustainable, goal-oriented, data-driven and support the mission of the organization.
Our Quality Philosophy
· Focuses on both internal and external customers.
· Optimizes the performance of the entire health system not just individual departments.
· Aligns processes, technology, people, values and policies to continually improve.
· Uses a systematic and scientific approach to continually improve and control the Health System’s processes.
· Constantly seeks new, innovative ways of meeting customer needs and exceeding expectations.
· Develops a culture of life-long learning.
· Makes decisions based on knowledge, confirmed with facts and data, and is driven by an understanding of variation and statistical thinking.
· Supports mutual respect for the dignity, knowledge and potential contribution of others.
Our Quality Experts
Joseph A. Torchia, MD, MMM, is the Chief Medical Officer at Holy Spirit Hospital where one of his main responsibilities is to ensure that patients receive the highest levels of care. He oversees the quality management department and is working with consultants to improve documentation processes to ensure the most appropriate patient information is provided to independent reporting agencies.
Immediately prior to working at Holy Spirit Hospital, Dr. Torchia was a private internal medicine physician who practiced for 14 years at Conner Rich Associates in Camp Hill, PA. He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and is a member of the American College of Physician Executives. In 2011, he was awarded the Master of Medical Management (MMM) degree from Carnegie Mellon University.
Susan M. McQuade, RN, MHA, BSN, CNOR, NE-BC, is the Director of Quality and Organizational Performance at Holy Spirit Hospital. She works closely with physicians, nurses and other staff to ensure that patients receive the highest quality care.
McQuade has more than 20 years experience in the acute care setting and previously served the health system as Associate Director of Surgical Services. She holds a master’s degree in health administration from Penn State University and a master’s certificate from Villanova University in Lean Six Sigma, a popular managerial concept for process improvement. Prior to taking on her new role, she worked with the Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare in developing its Targeted Solutions Tool™ for preventing Wrong Site Surgery, an innovative application that guides health care organizations through a step-by-step process to identify, measure and reduce risks in key processes that can contribute to a wrong site surgery.