Highly Ranked Diabetes Care
U.S. News & World Report has honored Holy Spirit Diabetes Services for high performance in 2013-2014.
The Holy Spirit Diabetes Center
Patients with Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes receive personalized inpatient and outpatient education from Holy Spirit Diabetes Services, which has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association as meeting the National Standards for Diabetes Education. Services include:
- Insulin pump education by a certified insulin pump trainer
- Physician-ordered 72-hour continuous glucose monitoring, when needed, to ensure a patient’s regimen is effective
- Medical nutrition therapy
- Individual/Group sessions
- Support groups
Whether your diabetes is controlled by lifestyle, oral, or injectable medications, you are eligible for care. The provider managing your diabetes will refer you for services.
Learn more about Holy Spirit Diabetes Services
Call 717-763-2466 to learn more about the services offered at the following locations:
Medical Arts Building
890 Poplar Church Road, Suite 506
Camp Hill, PA 17011
Holy Spirit Carlisle Center
1211 Forge Road, Suite 300
Carlisle, PA 17013
Holy Spirit Duncannon Center
51 Business Campus Way, Suite 100
Duncannon, PA 17020
Individual/Group Diabetes Management Sessions
Geisinger Holy Spirit individual/group sessions provide you with valuable information and support so you can successfully manage your diabetes. Learn about:
- The basics of diabetes, blood glucose testing and A1C
- Heart disease, lipids and blood pressure
- The importance of exercise and physical activity
- Meal planning, carbohydrate counting, label reading and tips for eating out
- Weight management and practical ways to eat a well-balanced diet
- Diabetes medications, high/low blood glucose management and sick days
- Care of eyes, skin, feet and mouth
- Goal-setting and achieving effective behaviors
- And much more
Diabetes Support Group
The Diabetes Support Group meets the second Monday of each month from 6-7 p.m. at Wegman's Grocery Store conference room. No registration is required. Participation is not limited to diabetics. All are welcome.
The free, monthly educational sessions about pre-diabetes and diabetes cover topics such as diabetic foot health, when to call 911 and food borne illness. For the most up-to-date meeting information, call 717-763-2466.
Holy Spirit Endocrinology
Holy Spirit Endocrinology helps patients manage their diabetes or other diseases caused by hormone disturbances. It also manages care for hospitalized patients who have diabetes and coordinates care at discharge, working with the Holy Spirit Diabetes Center and personal physicians. To make an appointment, call 717-972-7120.