At the Forefront of General Surgery
From initial evaluation, to surgery planning, to post-operative follow-up, our clinical care team provides the best surgical services for each and every patient.
What is General Surgery?
General Surgery is a surgical specialty that focuses on abdominal contents including esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts, and often the thyroid gland. It also deals with diseases involving the skin, breast and soft tissue, and hernias.
Meeting Many General Surgical Needs
Holy Spirit Hospital is on the leading edge of general surgery, with a dedicated clinical team and operating suites. Equipped with the latest technology, our general surgeons are able to work together to complete difficult and complex operations:
- Adrenalectomy – Removal of one or both adrenal glands
- Breast disease
- Colon – Resection of colon cancers and diverticular disease
- Gallbladder – Single incision and multiport cholecystectomies (gallbladder removal)
- Gastric (stomach) – Removal of gastric tumors and surgery for gastric reflux
- Hernia – Repair of incisional and ventral hernias
- Intestines – Removal of intestinal tumors
- Pancreas – Removal of tumors
- Splenectomy – removal of the spleen
Comfort and Convenience for Patients
Kunkel Surgical Group, our General Surgery physician practice, provides complete support for patients, including surgery scheduling and preparation, post-operative care and follow-up with referring physicians. We offer convenient hours for patient appointments and plenty of free parking. Get directions and contact information here.