Nationally Ranked Breast Surgery
Specialized operations for breast cancer and breast disease performed by a highly skilled surgical team.
A Team Dedicated to Your Care
At Holy Spirit, a team of talented experts, including breast imaging radiologists, surgeons, plastic surgeons, pathologists and breast care coordinators, provides breast cancer treatment based on National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines.
Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
The latest surgical techniques are used to diagnose breast cancer, including stereotactic, ultrasound-guided and MRI-guided core biopsies. We also offer tumor marker testing and genetic testing.
Types of Breast Surgery
Our highly trained surgeons can perform the full range of oncoplastic surgeries, including:
- Modified radical mastectomy
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Axillary dissection
- Major duct excision
Post-surgery, talented plastic surgeons will expertly perform any breast reconstruction procedure needed.
The Importance of Early Intervention
Following the guidelines below can help in early detection and treatment of breast abnormalities.
Women should begin performing monthly breast self-exams to become familiar with the normal state of their breasts. Any changes should be reported to a health care provider.
Women with average risk levels should have a clinical breast examination performed by their health care provider every 1 to 3 years.
Ages 40 and up:
Starting at age 40, women should have an annual breast examination and mammogram.
Holy Spirit Breast Care Center–Mechanicsburg provides comprehensive care and treatment in one location that includes:
- State-of-the-art risk assessment and management program led by Angela Soto Hamlin, M.D., FACS
- Diagnostic services, including minimally invasive, image-guided biopsies and surgical biopsies, digital mammography and breast ultrasound
- Radiation therapy within Holy Spirit Cancer Center
- Expert physical therapy, myofascial release and lymphedema therapy
- CHICS support group for those maintaining breast health, being treated for breast cancer or other breast disease
Holy Spirit General Surgery provides excellent care, including:
- An office consultation scheduled with one of our surgeons within two days of diagnosis
- Surgery performed within two weeks of diagnosis
- Dedicated breast care coordinators in our office who guide patients and their families through this process