Certified Stroke Center
Rapid response by our trained specialists improves your chances of recovery.
The Sooner, the Better
In a stroke emergency, it matters where you go for treatment and how quickly you get it. There is a small window of time to provide treatment for the best outcome after a stroke. Your best chance for recovery is rapid response by trained specialists—the kind of care you receive at a Primary Stroke Center such as Geisinger Holy Spirit.
Advanced Certification Means Better Care
Geisinger Holy Spirit has earned Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers from The Joint Commission, in conjunction with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. This certification recognizes the high-quality care provided that meets the specialized and unique needs of stroke patients.
Our certification as a Primary Stroke Center in Cumberland County means that patients find:
- A medical team specially trained for stroke treatment, including ER doctors and nurses
- A dedicated care unit where all staff is trained to meet the needs of stroke patients
- Measures in place to provide the quick care that makes a difference for recovery
- Specialists on-site who meet the unique needs of stroke patients
- Proven practices of stroke care that ensure the best chance for a favorable outcome
- Neurologists on call around the clock
- A full range of therapy services to help patients recover
Geisinger Holy Spirit has earned the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines®--Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The Award recognizes the hospital’s commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of stroke care.