Learn more about orthopedics from our health library.
Nationally Recognized Orthopedics Care
When you’re suffering from joint pain or injury, Holy Spirit Health System’s orthopedics specialists are dedicated to getting you back to a normal life as soon as possible.
Teamwork in Motion
Holy Spirit Hospital’s distinctive team approach to orthopedics allows our expert surgeons, nurses, occupational and physical therapists, and physicians’ assistants to focus on getting you moving sooner. Our orthopedics team can help with the following services:
- Hip and knee replacement
- Shoulder and ankle surgery
- Spine surgery to improve functions for patients suffering from spinal instability, degenerative disk disease, spine deformity and spine tumors
- Treatment for diseases and injuries of the arms, hands, legs and feet
Surgeries are performed at Holy Spirit Hospital and Grandview Surgery and Laser Center, one of the most advanced orthopedic surgery centers in the nation, which consistently scores in the 95th percentile or higher in patient satisfaction ratings.
Dedicated Orthopedics Unit
Holy Spirit’s Orthopedics Unit features:
- Bright, spacious private rooms with flat-screen TVs
- Low rates of infection and re-admission
- A comprehensive pain management program that uses fewer narcotics, while delivering more comfort with fewer complications
Our Results Speak For Themselves
Safer care and better outcomes have earned us two Blue Cross Blue Shield national designations:
Research confirms that Blue Distinction Centers+ demonstrate better quality and improved outcomes for patients, with lower rates of complications and readmissions than their peers.
If you are scheduled to have joint replacement surgery with us, we invite you to watch this short video.
Also, for a comprehensive, step-by-step guide on what to expect before, during and after your surgery, please read this PDF.
“Blue Distinction means we are delivering top performance care on a national level.” — Richard Boal, MD
Comprehensive services to help recover after an orthopedic injury or surgery.
Search for a physician that can treat your orthopedic issues.