How to Prepare for Admission and Discharge
Admission and Discharge can be the most stressful times of your hospital visit. Being prepared ahead of time can make things go more smoothly at the beginning and end of your stay in the hospital.
Your Registration Checklist
To make registration as quick and easy as possible, we ask that you bring certain items with you when you come.
*If you would like your parish to know that you are in the hospital, please inform the parish before going into the hospital or, once hospitalized, ask your nurse or pastoral care representative to notify your church.
What to Bring to Registration
- Picture ID (passport, license) or military ID
- Current address, phone number, etc.
- Primary care physician information (name, address, phone number)
- Physician's orders
- Prescription information
- Insurance card(s)
- Insurance referral and/or pre-certification approval numbers
- Co-pay or deductible
Where to Register
General Admissions & Outpatient Services
Location: Main hospital, first floor
Hours: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Friday
The Ortenzio Heart Center at Holy Spirit
Location: Main hospital, ground floor
Hours: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Preparing for Discharge
Before you leave the hospital, ask your doctor:
- To explain the treatment plan you will use at home
- Whether or not you will need any assistance while recovering. Your options for short-term care at home include:
- Skilled nursing services
- Assistance with meal preparation, housecleaning and personal hygiene