Holy Spirit is a Magnet Hospital
Holy Spirit Hospital has achieved Magnet® recognition as a reflection of our nursing professionalism, teamwork, and superiority in patient care. Magnet recognition is a reputable designation for high-quality nursing within the healthcare setting. It gives our patients yet another reason to feel good about the care we provide. U.S. News & World Report also uses Magnet status when determining its annual showcase of “America’s Best Hospitals.”
What is Magnet recognition?
Magnet recognition is determined by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®, which serves as the gold standard for nursing excellence and provides patients with the ultimate benchmark for measuring quality of care. Since 1990, hospitals have undergone a rigorous and lengthy review process that examines patient care and outcomes. Out of nearly 6,000 healthcare organizations in the country, fewer than 400 have received the Magnet credential to date.
What does Magnet recognition mean for patients?
Patients rely on Magnet designation as the ultimate credential for high quality nursing:
- • Patients are assured that their hospital holds the top credential for excellence in nursing.
- • Research has shown Magnet hospitals to be associated with lower rates of patient falls.
- • Magnet recognized hospitals have been associated with higher patient satisfaction with nurse communication, availability of help and receipt of discharge information.
What does Magnet recognition mean for nurses?
The Magnet credential is a testament to the role our nurses play every day—participating in the decision-making process, practicing with autonomy and providing high-quality and safe care for every patient:
- • Magnet hospitals employ the best-trained and most-qualified nurses.
- • Magnet hospitals outperform other hospitals in both recruiting and retaining nursing professionals, resulting in higher employee satisfaction and lower staff turnover.
- • The Magnet environment has been associated with higher nurse-perceived quality of care and unit effectiveness.
By being a Magnet recognized hospital, Holy Spirit Hospital is able to recruit and retain highly skilled nurses in the area.