Library Services serves the Holy Spirit medical staff, hospital employees and the community. Staffed by a medical librarian, the department is located on the first floor of the Hospital near Health Information Services. Its resources include:
• 2,500 books
• 145 current journal subscriptions
• full-text medical journals
• audio CDs & videocassettes
• links to clinical practice guidelines and consumer health materials.
Call 717-763-2664 or email email@example.com for more information.
Professional reference help is available, utilizing current medical texts, databases indexing the journal literature, full text journals, and the Internet. Computer workstations are available to access MEDLINE, CINAHL (nursing and allied health), Health and Wellness Resource Center, UpToDate, STAT!Ref (electronic texts), Epocrates RX Online (drug information), evidence-based databases, as well as other resources on the Internet. Health System staff members may request passwords for remote access to most databases.
Current Awareness Service
For those with a continuing need for current information in a particular area, the Library will provide copies of the contents pages of selected journals on a regular basis. NURSING LITERATURE UPDATE is also distributed monthly to the enrolled nursing staff.
• Patient education/consumer health handouts on various medical topics
• Patient safety CME resources
• Document NOW resources
• File of articles published by staff members.