Are you uninsured or having trouble paying your hospital bill?
You may be eligible for financial assistance.
Holy Spirit—A Geisinger Affiliate is committed to providing medically necessary healthcare to those in need, regardless of their ability to pay.
Our financial assistance policy
- Your financial circumstances will not affect the care you receive. All patients are treated with respect and fairness.
- Assistance is available for medically necessary care. Patients may apply for financial assistance at any time — before, during or after their care.
- If you have no health insurance or limited insurance benefits and/or limited financial resources, you may be eligible for assistance. Uninsured patients are required to apply for Pennsylvania Medical Assistance or enroll in the Federal or State Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Approval of financial assistance is determined by Geisinger’s policy guidelines, which are explained in this brochure.
- Depending on the amount of your bill and your financial circumstances, interest-free repayment plans are available with minimum monthly payments as low as $25.
- If you do not qualify for financial assistance but believe you have special circumstances, you can request that your case be reviewed by a Geisinger financial counselor.
- To apply for financial assistance, you must provide us with all information necessary to apply for other funding sources that may be available to you such as Medical Assistance, Medicare Disability or other federal or state programs.
- You are financially responsible for your healthcare and for applying for financial assistance. Geisinger will make application materials easily available. To request an application, please visit our website at geisinger.org or call 800-640-4206.
For more information or to apply for financial aid, download our Financial Assistance Policy brochure or Payment Options brochure in English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Nepali or Vietnamese.
Payment Options brochures (choose language)
Geisinger Health System Credit Policy
Geisinger Health System Credit Policy (English)