- Where can I park when I come to visit a patient?
- We recommend the Main Lot in front of Holy Spirit Hospital. We offer a courtesy van to transport visitors to the main entrance.
- Why do I get asked the same questions each time I come to the hospital?
- Information such as name, address and insurance may change so we need to make sure that your information is correct and current. Having this information entered correctly ensures your tests, billing and insurance payments will be processed in the most expedient manner.
- Why am I being asked to pay up-front?
- Collecting your co-payment or making arrangements for your payment at the time services are rendered ensures that the co-payment your insurance company requires is already taken care of, reduces billing costs, and honors our contracts with insurance companies. If you are unsure of your co-pay responsibilities, please look at your insurance card, or call your insurance company. For your payment convenience, Holy Spirit Hospital accepts cash, check, or credit (Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card).
- Why must I complete the Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire every time I come into the hospital?
Information such as name, address, and insurance may change so we need to make sure that your information is correct and current. Having this information entered correctly ensures your tests, billing, and insurance payments will be processed in the most expedient manner.
- What documents do I need to bring when I come in?
So as to not delay the registration process, we ask that you bring:
• Picture/Military ID
• Insurance card(s)
• Physicians orders and/or prescription
• Know your current personal information (address, phone number, etc)
• Bring your co-pay or deductible
• Insurance referral and/or pre-certification approval number
• Know your primary care physician information (name, address, phone number, etc.)
- Why does Patient Registration ask for my insurance card every time I register?
Your insurance card is always required to ensure accurate billing and good customer relations.
- What are the lab hours & do I need an appointment?
- The lab is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon. No appointment is necessary for general lab work. However, if you have any questions please call the lab directly at 763-2191.
- Does the hospital accept my insurance?
- The hospital bills all insurance companies. For a list of our participating providers, click here. However, this list is subject to change, so an individual must check with their private health insurance to make sure the hospital is in their company's network to avoid large deductibles or hospital bills.
- What are the hours and locations for Patient Registration?
General Admissions & Outpatient Services
Location: Main hospital, first floor
Hours: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Friday
Location: Main hospital, first floor
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Phone: 717-763-2397 or 717-763-2396
The Ortenzio Heart Center at Holy Spirit
Location: Main hospital, ground floor
Hours: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Location: Main hospital, second floor
Hours: 5 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (after hours report to General Admissions)
Phone: 717-972-6970 until 1:30 p.m.; 717-763-2757 from 1:30 to 9 p.m.
- What is the cost of a private room?
The out-of-pocket expense for a private room is $68 per day.
- What are the hospital visiting hours?
General visiting hours are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.Inpatient Behavioral Health
MICU and SICU - Open visiting hours with the exception of:
7 a.m. - 8 a.m.
7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Immediate family only.
Two visitors per patient.
No children under the age of 12.
General - 1 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Grandparents and Siblings - 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Noon - 1 p.m.
5 p.m. - 7 p.m.